Rihanna's multi-platinum banger "Diamonds" was originally supposed to be for Eminem.

In a new interview with Apple Music, the producer of the Billboard-topping hit Benny Blanco admitted that he did not have Rihanna in heed for the track initially. When he originally wrote the song with Sia and Stargate, Blanco recalls that he wanted either Kanye West or Lana Del Rey to cut the track. Meanwhile, Stargate was adamant that it should be Riri who got what would accept get one of the biggest hits of her career.

Benny Blanco tells Apple tree Music'due south Zane Lowe that "Stargate's like, 'Yo, we're giving this song to Rihanna. Information technology'due south going to become,'" he recalled. "And I was like, 'I don't know, man. Should we keep the beat for Kanye? I don't know virtually it.'" Blanco had sent the beat to Paul Rosenberg for Eminem around the same fourth dimension and had no thought that the rapper actually cutting the song.

"I remember, at the same time, I had given a vanquish CD similar a month earlier to Paul Rosenberg to requite to Eminem," Blanco explained. "And manifestly, Eminem had done a song to it, too. And I didn't even know. And I'thousand sitting there… Dude, so when it happened, Paul was like, 'Man, Em had that trounce on concur.' I was like, 'What? I didn't even know.'"

The producer eventually let it go and told Stargate, "You guys know better. Allow's practice it." He later realized just how great of a determination information technology was. "She cut the song. First of all, the 2nd she cut the song, they were completely right. I was like, 'This is the all-time song I've ever done.'" "Diamonds" was released in 2012 as the lead single for Rihanna'south Unapologetic album and became her 12th Billboard No. 1 unmarried. It is currently certified 6x Platinum by the Recording Manufacture Association of America.

Interestingly plenty, while Benny Blanco did not get to make the vocal Kanye W's like he initially intended, the billionaire rapper did cease up hopping on the remix to the popular track. "And so, this is how life works, full circle. Kanye West does a remix to the song," said Blanco.

Elsewhere in the interview, Benny Blanco recalled when he once accidentally kissed Beyoncé while staying at her house in the Hamptons. On his third nighttime every bit their guest, the producer was telling the Carters practiced night after a fun dark of drinking when he experienced i of the most awkward moments of his life.

"Nosotros're maxim, 'Practiced night.' And it's at that point where I'k like… Okay, I haven't nevertheless. Exercise I hug BeyoncĂ©? Like, what's the protocol? What do you do?" he recalled. Though he intended to peck the singer on her cheek, Blanco says he missed. "I definitely hit the corner of some sort of lip," he said.

As for how Jay-Z reacted, Blanco says he was sure he was a dead human as he glared over at the rap-mogul afterwards the blunder. "I'm similar, 'Oh, my God. This is the worst thing in my life.' And I'm sitting there, and as I'm doing it, out of the corner of my eye, JAY-Z is right there looking at me…And I await at JAY and I'm like, 'Oh, okay. I'm dead. My life is over. It was slap-up. Nice knowing you guys.'" However, Hov was either extremely cool about it or he never noticed at all. "He'south like, 'All right, bro. See yous tomorrow,'" he reportedly said.

Benny Blanco has written and produced endless songs for artists in the industry. Nosotros could never imagine that Eminem had recorded a song on the beat for "Diamonds" though. Is anyone else curious about what that record might sound like?